Reseating the Keypad
Reseating the keypad on your Motorola MC9090 mobile computer can fix many common problems that you may be experiencing. These problems include non-functional keys, power/boot issues, keys that may be entering incorrect information or the “close battery door” error message. See below for steps on reseating the keyboard on your mobile device.
- Press the power button to suspend the device.
- Remove the two keypad screws located under the display.
- Slide the keyboard down, then away from the MC9090.
- Make sure that the battery latch screws located on each side of the SD slot are secure.
- Replace the keyboard and the two keyboard screws making sure that they are tightened.
- Cold boot the device.
NOTE: Do not apply more than 4 in-lbs torque when tightening the keypad screws.