Motorola ES400 Digital Camera Scanning
The camera uses digital camera technology to take a digital picture of a bar code, stores the resulting image in its memory, and executes state-of-the-art software decoding algorithms to extract the data from the image.
To read a bar code, a scan-enabled application is required. The ES400 contains the DataWedge application that allows the user to enable the camera, decode the bar code data and display the bar code content.
- Enable DataWedge.
- Launch an application that supports text inputs, such as Word Mobile 2010 or Excel Mobile 2010.
- Point the camera lens on the back of the ES400 at a bar code.
- Press and hold the scan button. A preview window appears on the display window and a red aiming line emits from the ES400. The LED lights red indicating that the data capture is in process.
- Move the ES400 until the red aiming line is across the bar code.
- The LED lights green and a beep sounds, by default, to indicate the bar code was decoded successfully.
- The bar code content data displays in the text field.
Sample Bar Code: