Motorola ES400 Battery 101
Installing the Battery
- Locate the battery contacts.
- Insert the battery, bottom first, into the battery compartment.
- Press the battery down into the battery compartment.
- Slide the battery lock latch down to secure the battery in place.
- Align the battery cover with device.
- Slide the battery cover up to lock it into place.
Removing the Battery Cover
- Hold the Motorola ES400 firmly in two hands as shown below.
- With thumbs, push the battery cover towards the bottom of the ES400.
- Lift the battery cover off of the ES400.
Charging the Motorola ES400
Before using your Motorola ES400 for the first time, charge the battery using the provided USB Rapid Charge Cable or the optional One Slot Charge Cradle.
Place the Motorola ES400 into the cradle or connect the cable and the battery will automatically begin charging. The 1540 mAh battery fully charges in less than three hours and the 3080 mAh battery fully charges in less than six hours.
Battery LED Indicators
|Off||Indicates that the Motorola ES400 is either not connected to power and the battery is not charging.|
|Slow Blinking Green (1 blink every 2 seconds)||Indicates that the battery is charging.|
|Solid Green||Indicates that the battery is fully charged.|
|Fast Blinking Red (2 blinks/second)||Indicates a charging error.|
Charge batteries in temperatures from 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C). Note that charging is intelligently controlled by the Motorola ES400.
To accomplish this, for small periods of time, the Motorola ES400 alternately enables and disables battery charging to keep the battery at acceptable temperatures. The Motorola ES400 indicates when charging is disabled due to abnormal temperatures via its LED.
Battery Status Indications
Battery icons appear on the Status Bar indicating the battery power level. When the battery power falls below a predetermined level the icon indicates the status and a battery dialog box appears indicating the status of the battery.
The message displays until the user taps Dismiss. Alternately tap the Status Bar to display the Device Management window.