Warm/Cold Booting your Datalogic Falcon X3
There are three ways to reset the Datalogic Falcon X3 mobile computer:
- A warm boot terminates an unresponsive application and clears the working RAM, but preserves the file system. The registry is restored from persistent memory available or returned to factory default.
- A cold boot forces all applications to close, completely re-initializing the system. A cold boot also clears the working RAM while preserving the existing file system. The registry is restored from persistent memory.
- A clean boot restores the X3 to a clean configuration: both the registry and the file system returns to a clean status and resets your device to its factory default state.
Falcon X3 Warm Boot
To perform a warm boot on a Falcon X3, press and hold the following keys simultaneously:
Falcon X3 Cold Boot
To perform a cold boot, complete the following steps on your Datalogic Falcon X3.:
- Turn off the Falcon X3 by pressing the on-off key.
- Pull the battery latch down and remove the battery pack.
- Press and hold the “scan” button and then press the reset button.
- Insert the battery pack.
- Turn on the Falcon X3 by pressing the “on-off” key.
To perform a clean boot or factory reset:
- Perform a cold boot following the steps above.
- Press and hold down the “0” and “Esc” keys simultaneously and then press the “on-off” key.
- A dialog box will appear asking for confirmation. Press the enter key.
Still having trouble with your Falcon X3? A skilled technician is only a click or call away: