Warm/Cold Booting your Datalogic Falcon X3
There are several reset methods for the Datalogic Falcon X3.
A warm boot terminates an unresponsive application and clears the working RAM, but preserves the file system. The registry is restored from persistent memory available or returned to factory default.
A cold boot forces all applications to close re initializing completely the system. It clears the working RAM, but the file system is preserved. The registry is restored from persistent memory.
A clean boot restores the Datalogic Falcon X3 to a clean configuration: both the registry and the file system returns to a clean status and set your device to factory default.
To perform a a warm boot, press and hold the following keys simultaneously:
To perform a cold boot, complete the following steps on your Datalogic Falcon X3.:
- Turn off the Falcon X3 by pressing the on-off key.
- Pull the battery latch down and remove the battery pack.
- Press and hold the scan button and then press the reset button.
- Insert the battery pack.
- Turn on the Falcon X3 by pressing the on-off key.
To perform a clean Boot:
- Perform a Cold Boot (see Cold Boot).
- Press and hold down the 0 and Esc keys simultaneously and then press the on-off key.
- A dialog box will appear asking for confirmation. Press the enter key.