Configuring Your Intermec SR61B
This section will provide you with configuration bar codes for a basic setup of your Intermec SR61B. It also gives the procedure for configuring your scanner offline or online with EasySet.
Resetting Your Scanner:
To reset your scanner, read the reset factory defaults configuration bar code.
Setting a International Keyboard:
By default the SR61B uses a North American keyboard layout. Use the below configuration bar codes to select the keyboard for your country.
Configuring the Postamble:
The default postamble is <CR> <LF>. For certain applications or when using your scanner as an HID Bluetooth device you may need to change this setting. Use the following configuration bar codes to change the default postamble in your scanner.
Configuring your Scanner with EasySet:
EasySet is an Intermec configuration application that provides you with two ways to configure your scanner.
- Online setup – send configuration commands from EasySet directly to the product.
- Offline setup – send configuration commands to a bar code setup sheet, print the set up sheet and use a connected scanner to scan bar codes.
Online Setup with EasySet:
Online setup with EasySet is available for your scanner only if it is connected to your host as an SPP Bluetooth device (outgoing connection).
To configure your Intermec SR61B online by sending commands from EasySet.
- Connect the scanner as an SPP Bluetooth device to a host.
- Start EasySet. The first time you start EasySet, the Select product dialog box appears.
- Select your product (SR61B).
- Select Communications > Select communication interface. The Device Selection dialog box appears.
- Select the communication interface that you are using for your scanner and click OK.
- EasySet connects to your scanner and retrieves the current configuration. These configurations are indicated with a blue check mark or blue text. Open the folders to find the configuration commands needed. Double click each command to send it to the scanner.
Note: The Intermec SR61B scanner does not beep when you send configuration commands online from EasySet. It powers off when you select Disconnect from the Communication menu in EasySet.
Offline Setup with EasySet:
- Start EasySet. The first time that you start EasySet, the Select product dialog box appears.
- Select your product.
- Open the folders to find the configuration commands needed. Double click each command to send each command to the set up sheet.
- Click on the print icon to print out the setup sheet and scan the commands.