Cold Booting your Intermec PB42
You seldom need to cold boot your Intermec PB42. You should always cold boot the printer after a firmware upgrade. In the rare instance that your printer locks up, you may also want to cold boot the printer.
After you perform a cold boot on the Intermec PB42, the printer resumes using the default printing mode (Line Printer mode) and returns to using the default font for printing.
To cold boot the PB42
- Disconnect the Intermec PB42 from the power source if externally powered.
- Remove the batteries from the PB42 for at least one second.
- Insert the batteries back into the PB42.
- Reconnect external power if powered externally.
- Press the Feed button several times.