Intermec PB42 Battery 101
Installing the Batteries in your Intermec PB42
Make sure you fully charge the batteries before you use your Intermec PB42. You can charge the batteries before or after you install them into the Intermec PB42. You can use one battery to power the printer, but you may experience reduced performance.
To install the batteries
- Pull and hold the battery cover latch firmly toward the front of the printer and lift up on the battery cover.
- Insert batteries into the two battery slots until they lock in place. The contact side of the battery faces the back of the printer. The printer plays the Power sound when you insert the battery completely.
- Close the battery cover by pulling the battery cover latch toward the front of the printer and pushing down.
Charging the Batteries
There are several ways to charge the Intermec PB42 batteries:
- Connect AC power to the printer and charge the batteries while they are inside the PB42.
- Place the PB42/PB42c with batteries installed in the 4-bay charger (Model AC10).
- Charge the batteries in the CK60/PB42 quad battery charger (Model AC4).
It takes about four hours to charge the batteries inside the Intermec PB42 with the power cord attached.
To charge the batteries inside the Intermec PB42.
- Install the batteries in the PB42.
- Connect the power supply to the DC power connector on the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the power supply and then plug the other end into an AC outlet.
Extending Battery Life
Below are some tips for overall life of your batteries.
- Never expose the batteries to direct sunlight or temperatures over 40 °C (104 °F).
- Only charge the batteries inside the PB42/PB42c using a power supply or a 4-bay charger (Model AC10) or in the CK60/PB42 quad battery charger (Model AC4).
- Turn off the radio when you are not using it.
- Remove the batteries from the printer if you will not be using it for three days or more.
- Do not operate the PB42 in extremely cold temperatures. Using the Intermec PB42 in temperatures below freezing reduces overall battery life.