Motorola MC9596 SIM Card
GSM phone service requires a Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card, or smart card. Obtain the card from the your service provider. The card fits into your Motorola MC9596 and can contain the following information:
- Mobile phone service provider account details.
- Information regarding service access and preferences.
- Contact information, which can be moved to Contacts on the Motorola MC9596.
- Any additional services to which you have subscribed.
To Install the SIM Card:
- Remove SIM card cover using the end of the stylus.
- Slide the SIM card holder door to the left to unlock.
- Lift the SIM card holder door.
- Insert the SIM card into the holder door with the contacts facing down and the card notch facing up.
- Close SIM card holder door and slide to the right to lock into place.
- Align the SIM card cover over the access hole and press down until it snaps into place.
- Install the battery.
- After completing initial Motorola MC9596 setup or after replacing a SIM card:
- Press the red Power button.
- On the Today screen, tap Wireless Manager.
- Ensure Phone is on.
- Press the red Power button to suspend the Motorola MC9596.
- Perform a warm boot.
- Make a call to verify cellular connection.