Connecting a Tethered Scanner to your Intermec CV60
You can attach a tethered scanner to one of the serial (COM1 or COM2) connectors on the CV60 if you order the appropriate RS-232 cable. Contact your Carlton Technologies representative for more information on the required scanner and cable.
To connect a tethered scanner
- Attach the RS-232 cable to one of the COM ports on the Intermec CV60.
- Attach the other end of the cable to the tethered scanner.
- On the Intermec CV60, go to Start > Control Panel > Intermec Settings.
- Go to Data Collection > Tethered Scanner (COM1) or (COM2).
- Make sure Enable scanner port is checked.
- Go to Scanner Settings > Scanner model and select your scanner from the list.
- Select File > Save Settings, then File > Exit to close Intermec Settings.
- Depending on the scanner you are attaching, you may hear a series of beeps and the Good Read light may flash. You are now ready to use the scanner.