Resetting Your Intermec CN50
You rarely need to reset your Intermec CN50. If the computer does not resume after pressing the Power button or if the computer or and application locks up, you may need to reset the device. The CN50 uses the configuration currently saved in flash memory during the boot process. There are three ways to reset the Intermec CN50:
- Warm Booting
- Cold Booting
- Clean Booting
Warm Booting the CN50
You may need to perform a warm boot to correct conditions where an application stops responding to the system.
To warm boot the computer:
- Go to Start > Programs > Shut Down.
Note: The computer systematically shuts down. Press the Power button to restart the CN50, or it will restart automatically if external power is supplied.
- Scan the following bar code.
Cold Booting the CN50
In some cases where the computer completely stops responding, it may be necessary to perform a cold boot. Because cold booting may result in data loss, use this method only if all other recovery methods have failed.
Note: Cold booting the Intermec CN50 does not guarantee that cached disk data will be saved, so transactional data may be lost during the reset. All other data such as configuration and network settings are preserved.
To cold boot your CN50:
- Remove the battery pack from the CN50 and wait 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery pack and press the power button.
Clean Booting the CN50
In your Intermec CN50 seems to be locked up, try warm booting and then cold booting the computer. If neither method works, use a clean boot to get the device up and running for further troubleshooting. When you clean boot , the CN50 only loads files and applications that are absolutely required by the operating system. A clean boot returns the Intermec CN50 to an “out of box” or factory default state, so that you can run diagnostic tests to troubleshoot the normal boot process.
Caution: The clean boot process erases the CN50 memory, including all applications and data files in the object store. To preserve applications through a clean boot, store them in the Flash File store.
To clean boot the computer using a mobile computer:
- Remove the battery pack from the back of the CN50.
- Reinsert the battery pack and press the Power button.
- When the CN50 starts the boot process, simultaneously press the left arrow/underscore and right arrow/underscore keys until the IPL Boot Configuration Menu appears on the screen.
- Press the 2 key to select Force Clean Boot and then press the 0 key to select Continue with Boot.
The Intermec CN50 executes the clean boot. This process take a few minutes.
- When prompted, tap the screen to set up the CN50
- Follow the instructions to calibrate the screen.