Intermec CN50 Touch Screen
Calibrating the Touch Screen
If the touch screen does not respond when you tap it with the stylus, you may need to recalibrate the screen.
Note: If the touch screen is so out of alignment that you cannot open the Start menu, you can try to align the screen menu using the keypad. For help, see the next procedure.
To calibrate the touchscreen:
- Tap Start > Settings > Systems (tab) > Screen.
- Tap Align Screen and follow the instructions to align the screen.
- Tap ok.
Aligning the Touch Screen
If the touch screen is so out of alignment that you cannot open the Start menu, you may need to align the screen menu using only the keypad, or as a last resort you can perform a clean boot. For more information on the Clean Booting click <<HERE>>.
To align the touch screen using the keypad:
- Press the Orange function key and then the W key to bring up the start menu.
- Press arrow down to select Settings and then press enter.
- Press the left/right arrow button until the Personal tab is selected.
- Press the Orange function key and then the right arrow/underscore key to select the System tab.
- Use the arrows to choose Screen and then press enter.
- Tab to Align Screen and press enter.
- Follow the instructions to align the screen.
- Tap ok.
Rotating the Screen
The internal accelerometer enables you to have the screen rotate by sensing the orientation on the Intermec CN50. You can enable the screen to rotate all of the time depending on the orientation, you can enable it to rotate for specific applications or you can disable it.
You can modify the screen rotation settings file to determine which applications will enable or disable screen rotation by modifying the settings.csv file in the \ Windows folder.
Note: By default, when you select the Enabled for Selected Applications, rotation is only enabled for Internet Explorer and Windows Media.
To configure the screen rotation:
- Tap Start > Settings > the Systems tab > Sensors.
- Select the option that you would like to use.