Motorola MC92N0 Battery 101
Installing the Main Battery
Before using your Motorola MC92N0 for the first time, install a lithium-ion battery by sliding the battery in the the device as shown below.
Note: Ensure that the battery is fully inserted. Two audible clicks can be heard as the battery is fully inserted. A partially inserted battery may result in unintentional data loss.
Charging the Main Battery and Memory Backup Battery
Before using the Motorola MC92N0 for the first time, charge the main battery until the amber charge indicator light remains lit. The main battery fully charges in less than four hours.
The Motorola MC92N0 is also equipped with a memory backup battery which automatically charges from the main battery whether or not the device is operating or is in suspend mode. The memory backup battery retains data in memory for at least 30 minutes when the MC92N0’s main battery is removed or fully discharged. When the device is used for the first time or after the memory backup battery has fully discharged, the memory backup battery requires approximately 15 hours to fully charge. Do not remove the main battery from the Motorola MC92N0 for 15 hours to ensure that the memory backup battery fully charges. If the main battery is removed or the main battery is fully discharged, the memory backup battery completely discharges in several hours.
To charge the main battery.
- Ensure the accessory used to charge the main battery is connected to the appropriate power source.
- Insert the Motorola MC92N0 into a cradle or attach the appropriate snap-on module.
- The MC92N0 starts to charge automatically. The amber charge LED, in the Indicator LED Bar, lights to indicate the charge status.
Motorola MC92N0 Charge Indicators
|Off||Not placed in charger correctly or charger not powered|
|Fast Blinking Amber||Error in charging, check to ensure proper placement|
|Slow Blinking Amber||Charging|
|Solid Amber||Charging complete|
Removing the Main Battery
- Prior to removing the battery, press the red Power button. The PowerKey Action screen appears.
- Tap Safe Battery Swap.
- The Indicator LED Bar lights red.
- When the Indicator LED turns off, press the primary battery releases.
- Press the secondary battery release, on top of the battery, and slide the battery out of the Motorola MC92N0.
Checking Battery Status
To check the level of the main battery or backup battery:
- On Windows CE devices, tap Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power to display the Battery Status window.
- On Windows Embedded Handheld devices, tap Start > Settings > System > Power to display the Power window.
- Leave the Motorola MC92N0 connected to AC power at all times when not in use.
- Set the MC92N0 to turn off after a short period of non-use.
- Set the display to turn off or dim backlight.
- Set the keyboard backlight to turn off after a short period of non-use.
- Turn off all wireless radio activity when not in use.
- Power off the MC92N0 when charging to charge at a faster rate.