Adjusting the Print head Pressure and Toggle Position on your Zebra 110Xi4
Print quality on your Zebra 110Xi4 printer depends on the labels and ribbon used as well as the toggle pressure and position. Make sure that your labels and ribbon are acceptable for your application. If they are, check the toggle position and then the printhead pressure.
Toggle Position Adjustment
You may need to adjust the toggles if printing is too light on one side or if thick labels are used. If the toggle pressure is too light or uneven, the labels and ribbon may slip.
To position the toggles, follow these steps:
- Loosen the locking nuts (1) at the top of the toggle assemblies.
- Slide the toggles until they provide even pressure on the media. For extremely narrow media, position one toggle over the center of the labels and decrease the pressure on the unused toggle.
- Tighten the locking nuts.
Printhead Pressure Adjustment
If positioning the toggles properly does not solve a print quality problem, try adjusting the printhead pressure. Maximize printhead life by using the lowest pressure that produces the desired print quality.
- Print some labels at 2.4 in. (61mm) per second by running the Pause Self Test.
- While printing label, use the control panel controls to lower the darkness setting until the labels are printing dark grey instead of black.
- Loosen the upper knurled nuts on the toggle assemblies (1).
- Some media types require higher pressure to print well. For these media types, increase or decrease pressure using the knurled nuts (1) until the left and right edges of the printed are equally dar.
- Using the control panel, increase the darkness to the desired level.
- Tighten the upper knurled nut.