How to Perform a Warm or Cold Boot on your Motorola MC9190
There are two reset functions on your Motorola MC9190, warm boot and cold boot.
- A warm boot restarts the Motorola MC9190 and closes all running programs.
- A cold boot also restarts the MC9190 and closes all running programs but also installs some drivers.
Press and hold the red power button for about 5 seconds. The scanner will reset. This does not remove programs, erase settings, reset the clock or require a screen recalibration. Try this first!
A cold boot restarts the Motorola MC9190. The operating system and all applications are restarted. File storage is preserved.Only perform a cold boot if a warm boot does not solve the problem.
- Press the red Power button. The PowerKey Action window appears.
- Tap Safe Battery Swap. The Indicator LED Bar lights red.
- Press the primary battery release on the MC9190 to partially eject the battery from the Motorola MC9190.
- While the battery is partially released, simultaneously press and release the trigger and the Power button.
- Push the battery to fully re-insert it in the MC9190. One audible click can be heard as the battery is fully inserted.
- The Motorola MC9190 initializes.
Note: You will need to recalibrate the screen.