Adjusting Toggle Position on your Zebra 105SL
Print quality depends on the labels and ribbon used as well as the toggle pressure position. Make sure that your Zebra 105SL Plus labels and ribbon are acceptable. If they are, check the toggle position and then the prinhead pressure.
Toggle Position Adjustment
You may need to adjust the toggles if printing is too light on one side or if thick labels are used. If the toggle pressure is too light or uneven, the labels and ribbon may slip.
To position the toggles, complete these steps:
- Print some labels at 2″ per second by running the PAUSE Self Test. (Press and hold PAUSE while turning on the printer.)
- While printing labels, use the control panel to lower the darkness setting until the labels are printing grey instead of black.
- Loosen the locking nut at the top of each toggle assembly.
- Position the toggles approximately 1/4 of the way in from each edge of the media. (For extremely narrow media, position one toggle over the center of labels and decrease the pressure on the unused toggle.)
- Tighten the locking nut.
- Print additional labels at 2″ per second by running the PAUSE Self Test. (Press and hold PAUSE while turning on the printer.)
- Do both sides of the label print at the same level of grey?
|Yes||The toggles are positioned correctly. Increase the darkness setting to the optimum level for the media being used.|