About Carlton Technologies, Inc.
At Carlton Technologies, we are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year! Our company sells and services mobile computing devices to the world’s largest and most respected companies through five major categories including: mobile computers, barcode scanners, barcode printers, networking and wireless, smartphones and tablets.
We pride ourselves in providing exceptional support to our customers and potential customers … and we have FUN doing it! We have a casual atmosphere where we will take the time to train and onboard every employee because we believe that your success, is our success and we are in this together.
Business Development Representative
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who will work in our sales office in our beautiful and convenient downtown location on N. Michigan Avenue in Chicago. You will earn a very competitive base salary, uncapped compensation plan, a great benefit and leave accrual package, 100% employee paid premium for medical insurance, and potential career advancement.
Preferred Education & Experience
If you have a four-year undergraduate degree in Sales, Business, or a related discipline or you have a couple of years of outbound calling experience and/or business-to-business sales experience, that would be terrific.
BUT, if you don’t have that education or experience, we’re still interested in you IF you have strong sales skills, draw logical conclusions, have a great entrepreneurial spirit, are a self-starter and trainable, are hungry to succeed, are motivated and success driven, are willing to work hard, and you want to grow and learn.
WHAT WILL I DO AS A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE?
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, this BDR position will focus on prospecting, research, lead qualification, lead follow-up, webchat and transfer of Sales Qualified Leads (SQL’s) to our National Account Executives. You’ll accomplish these tasks by:
- Independently researching, cold calling (prospecting) and emailing to find qualified sales opportunities
- Learning detailed information on our products, our services, and our web-based CRM software
- Handling of inbound sales calls, emails, forms and webchat inquiries
- Qualifying and distributing all leads to appropriate NAE to convert into sales
- Effectively researching to cultivate new sales opportunities
- Ensuring suspect identification, planning, account qualification, and needs analysis at all prospect levels
- Developing prospecting methodologies which generate sales including outbound cold-calling, emails, social selling and internet prospecting to help drive sales revenue and quotas
- Consistently demonstrating proactive activities within core marketing and customer demographics to uncover new business and generate new opportunities
- Discovering appropriate contacts in the buyer’s circle through meticulous discovery, questioning and qualification
- Driving lead conversions via prospecting by differentiating Carlton from our competition and effective use of communication
- Computer inputting of lead and contact documentation, reports and lead sourcing; monitoring the progress of SQL’s through the sales funnel
Character Traits That Will Help You To Be a Successful BDR
- Good track record of meeting and exceeding personal and/or career goals
- Superior verbal and written communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Fearless with zero call reluctance
- Competitive, motivated, goal setter who is always looking to raise the bar on personal performance
- Entrepreneurial approach to sales with a strong work ethic
- Relationship and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a world class level of customer service
- Solid business acumen with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel in addition to basic computer knowledge
- Experience and skills using CRM applications or a quick learner
- Listening expertise
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time
- Desire to remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on industry changes and development
- Strong social media networks including LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.